If you love dogs then you have come to the right place. Here you will find a huge range of articles on the care and well-being of your dog including dog health, dog training, grooming, flea control, pet memorials and much, much more. Everything you need to know about dogs is here with new articles added on a regular basis.
Dogs are an integral part of our lives. They have the capacity to provide us with companionship and a devotion that is difficult to match in any other animal. And in return they ask for little: a good meal, exercise, a warm place to sleep and above all attention from its owner.
If you are about to bring a new dog into your home then think first about the amount of time, effort and money that you will have to contribute to its upkeep. Be honest with yourself and decide whether you will do all of those things that are required to keep a dog, like the regular walks, the trips to the vet and the midnight wake up calls when your dog needs to be let out.
If you haven’t yet chosen your dog, then consider the following before making your decision:
- Do you want a crossbreed or a purebred?
- Male or female?
- What size? Only look for a large dog if you have plenty of room.
- Short-haired or long-haired? A short-haired breed will require less time in grooming.
- Active or quiet? An active dog will require a lot of your time and attention as they do get bored easily.
- Do you want to start with a puppy or a full-grown dog? A puppy will require a lot more effort in the first 12 months. A full-grown dog may need less work but will depend on how the dog has been treated prior to you receiving it.
- Don’t buy a dog just because the kids want it. Buy it because you want it. Ultimately it will be you who ends up feeding it, walking it and looking after it.
Whether you own a dog or are thinking of owning a dog this site will provide you with the information you need. Keep it in your favourites and come back often as more articles will be added on a regular basis.